This privacy notice will help you understand what happens with any Personal Data we gather from you in relation to use of this website, how we protect this data and who the data is shared with. We recognise our obligations under data protection legislation and we are committed to keeping your Personal Data safe and secure, therefore we want to give assurance that any data shared on this website will only be used for such purposes and in accordance with our over-arching Colleague Privacy Notice.
What information we collect about you?
In connection with your use of this website, employment or our consideration of your employment the personal information we will collect from you includes:
- Your name, address, date of birth and gender (and proof of your identity/photo ID)
- An emergency contact and their contact details
- Your National Insurance number
- Your Tax details
- Training and qualifications – relevant to your employment
- Employment history
- Equality & Diversity – to ensure are processes are fair, this data is anonymised
How we use your information?
We require this information to provide the service you have requested or for other closely related purposes and in particular for the following reasons:
- To contact you about a submission you have made to the website
- In preparation to perform a contract and process any application submitted
- To analyse and improve our services
- For internal record keeping
Who we will share your information with?
Where required we will share your information with the below parties for the following reasons:
- Internal Hiring Managers as part of your employment application
- Internal employees for successful candidates to ensure readiness for your employment
- External companies when seeking employment references and background checks
- Testing companies for the purposes of assessment of suitability for the role
- Our payroll providers (if successful)
- Our temporary resourcing partners (if successful in applying for bank work)
- Regulatory bodies to check qualifications or professional certifications when relevant to the position applied for.
How long your personal information is kept?
We will only keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, or reporting requirements and in accordance with our retention and disposal guidelines.
Please contact DPO@Homegroup.org.uk to request a copy of our Retention Guidance.
Security of your information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is kept secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and operational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
We have in place policies, procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all Personal Data from the point of collection to the point of destruction including procedures to deal with a security breach. We will ensure your Personal Data is only accessible by those who need to see your data for their specific role. We will only transfer Personal Data to a third party if that third party agrees to comply with those procedures and policies, or if they put in place adequate measures themselves.
Home Group cannot be held liable for the security of your personal information if you share your passwords with other individuals.
When creating passwords it is recommended that they are 8+ characters long, contain at least 1 capital letter, at least 1 number and a special character (eg!)
This privacy notice does not cover and linked websites within this URL and we strongly encourage you to read these separate privacy notices on all other websites you visit.
Here at Home Group we use cookie to improve your experience of our website. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer which allows the website to function better.
We hope that the information and materials on our website will be of interest to you. However, we give no warranty or other assurance that the information and materials on our website are complete, up to date or free from errors or inaccuracies.
We accept no liability whatsoever for loss, damage or expense of any kind arising as a result of or in connection with the access or use of our website.
If you want to request information about our privacy notice you can contact our Customer Service Centre on 0345 141 4663.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 17th January 2020